Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Oh July, you fly by so fast

1. After having a cough for three weeks, finally I'm free. Ever since I got sick, I've been religiously taking multivitamins and iron supplement to boot. I have changed meds twice before i finally went to the doctor. Tough times, baby, tough times. I just had the courage to go to Medical City because there was this one time, my cough was so unending that everybody was already asking me if I needed water which is unnecessary because I have been hydrating every two minutes or so. I hurriedly went to the bathroom because i realized i was making a scene already. I tried hard to cough out the phlegm but I couldn't get it out and I end up vomiting what I ate. sorry for the yuckiness. But after that day, I just said, what the heck I have medicard anyway. What is it to be scared about? So the next day, I bravely went to the doctor. The doctor said he couldn't hear any obstruction from my lungs. I had chest xray which turned out to be normal. He advised me to take anti-histamine instead of my usual cough meds. Surprisingly, after two days, my cough is gone. I can breathe clearly now. It was just an allergy. I couldn't be any happier now. 

After several weeks of that tormenting cough, honestly I got to a point where it was so frustrating already because I know I have been living a healthier lifestyle unlike before. An officemate advised me weeks ago to ask the doctor about it because  I had the cough even after a week of taking antibiotics. And she told me about her former officemate who just learned about his illness during their APE because he was not minding his cough and lost of weight. Well, thanks for the pep talk my friend. That got me more scared than ever. I swear I was convinced, I have a serious illness and that I would die soon.  So I got scared of going to the doctor because I don't know how I could act and live normally knowing the fact that I'm dying. I told myself, if I were really dying, I would like to live as normal as possible. I'd rather die not knowing the truth. I was scared because I know I would be really really sad and my loved ones would be sad too. So I'd rather have the unknown than having people get pity about my condition. Well, what was i thinking right? Soooooo dramatic. Too much of being a literature major. Blah! 
Lesson: It's better to know the truth. 

2. I'm juggling things as of the moment. I have classes for my MA and another for learning Spanish. It feels nice knowing you're being productive and making use of your youth wisely. Last weekend, Rommel was asking me what do I really want in life because it seems like I am tiring myself too much. Sweet baby, don't worry because I am really having the time of my life. I'm happy learning! He said something like, (in translation) Yeah, if you weren't enjoying it I know you'd be complaining right now. But I'm not hearing any complains and I can see you working really hard for it. *wink* True, I'm a bit whiny sometimes. 
Lesson: Do something you enjoy. Enjoy what you do. 


Pototoy. In the name of good vibes and cuteness overload. Can't help but smile. 

1 comment :

  1. Glad you're okay now. I agree, time flies so fast. In a few days, August na.hehehe

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear about what you think! :)