Monday, December 09, 2013

Pico de Loro Conquered

Before the year ends, I just wanted to cross out one thing in my bucket list. When we signed up for this, we underestimated the power required for the challenge because the description for this escapade says "for beginners". I have tried hiking Mt. Banahaw in college so i thought it would be something like that. I was really excited the day before that I haven't really slept. 

Trying to take a panoramic shot. 

You can mount on one of these rocks for a better view but I wasn't brave enough. 

And it was a lovely day. 

There were 10 of us in the group including the guide EJ with eight of us as beginners. For the first thirty minutes of the climb, we were happily walking on the trail. After we reached the second log book, the trail started becoming more of rocks. The farther we go, the longer we had to stretch our legs because the trail has gone steeper. 

You'll see a lot of these markers along the way. 

I may be petite but at the rate of our climb, I could literally feel my body weight. I suddenly disdain the hours I spend binge eating on cakes and chocolates and whatever food I can grab at the office. I didn't thought we would have such a hard time because Rommel and I are bikers and we also run regularly. I thought our legs are in great shape for a climb but boy was I wrong all along. 

The other side of the mountain. 

When the trail got steeper, I remember asking for a break every ten minutes or so. My legs hurt, my feet hurts, and my backpack seemed heavier than it was. And Manong Jinggoy, our local guide, wasn't even sweating. I was getting frustrated already. 

Upon reaching the top. 

After three long hours of trekking, we finally reached the top. I immediately took off my shoes to let my toes breathe for a while. What a feeling indeed! 

Challenge success! 


While I was catching my breath, I gazed at the scenery ahead of me. It was magnificent. The view of course was all worth it! Thank you Travel Factor


No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear about what you think! :)