Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Quarter Life Shiznit

It's 2010 all over again. I know what they say about life being round and cyclical but i never imagined I would be going through the same phase this way again. I didn't know how I stopped worrying about it when it first happened. I guess I never really solved it. I knew I was happy and contented but somehow it resurfaced again and I realized I just managed to shove it off to the side and paved way for a little happiness. Happiness which are actually just fleeting and ephemeral.
I know I did a lot of bullshit in the past. And I have this really weird habbit of making a spontaneous life changing decision. I became too ambitious. I wanted to do a lot of things all at the same time. I wanted to accomplish them all but end up failing because my body literally couldn't handle the exhaustion. I was all over the place. Despite my effort to stay away from alcohol and smoking, I physically couldn't handle the stress. I couldn't count how many times I got sick in one semester. From simple colds, flu to even anemia. I guess my body is telling me also to stop, take a deep breath and focus.
People tell us to do something you really love and you'd never have to work a day in your life. Well, I'm weird. I work for an entirely opposite field because I'm afraid to end up hating what I love. Cowardice is such a bitch.
Nonetheless, I think I know better this time and I'm glad I have a solid support group I can lean on.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear about what you think! :)