Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hola España!


You know how tight competition is these days and every single peso you're earning is just not enough. Well, in my company, we do have bilingual "process experts" and soon I'll be handling Spain and Portugal shipments. So, I figured this could pave way for more opportunities for me in the future. And you know what they say about education being an investment. Apparently, it really is literally. 


What if Chuck Norris was my teacher?!


Good thing, I have friends who are really a blessing of some sort (hello Labeee). I was advised of a cheaper way to learn Spanish. In Instituto Cervantes, it costs P3600 per level. So, before I reach level 5, i would have spent P18000 which of course I cannot afford at this time. I also have to think about my tuition fee for my Masters this coming June. With that being said, I thank good heavens for having "Beginners Classes" in Tesda. And did i mention, it's for free! 

One of the few perks is that our teacher is Filipino. So, if we have questions or we really have a hard time grasping the lesson, we can ask away for as long as we want until we understand the lesson. And Señor Pedro is very kind and patient to all of us. 

We have 100 hours to complete the course. That is, 8am-12nn weekdays from March4-April 9. I was lucky enough to be included because when i went to Tesda several weeks ago, they were already starting. I had to beg the administrator to include me in the morning class because otherwise it would be conflicting with my work schedule. In short, I got in because one student suddenly backed out. Yay for me! 

It has been three weeks now of five-hour-sleep. And it's really tiring! I believe I'm doing pretty well. I can ace our seatwork if it's translating spanish to english but if it's the other way around, i still keep forgetting about the masculinity/femininity of their words. LOL! 

Anyway, this month has been really challenging for me. After this course, I promise myself to get a vacation. Beach, please!?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear about what you think! :)