Saturday, March 30, 2013

Visita Iglesia

The view. This is the church near Mall of Asia after the procession. 

Yesterday, I officially turned 24. Yay! Nothing spectacular just love and serenity. 
Since this year, my birthday falls on a Holy Friday, we decided to do Visita Iglesia by biking. Last year, I was at home with my family. Rommel and I went to underground subterranean park. This is the second time we are observing this tradition. 
Literally, Visita Iglesia means church visit. It is a custom of the Roman Catholics to visit seven churches because seven as they say is a significant number to the church. I know that Visita Iglesia is traditionally observed on a Maundy Thursday but since I have work, we chose to do it on a Friday night instead. 

Parked Bikes. We just stayed outside the church. 

I hope we could make this our yearly tradition. Traditions are nice. Somehow it creates a special bond with your partner and it makes the custom itself more meaningful. 

Paco Park. Feeling so brave being able to cross a crowded street. 

Just three weeks ago, I would really panic whenever I hear a car coming. Now, I can can really feel that I am in control of my bike. I can maneuver sporadically. I feel like I'm such a bad-ass. *queue electric guitar* 

Adamson Church. This is sentimental to me because i used to go to this church to hear the mass when I was in college. So, after N years, here I am. 

This is actually an achievement for us both because this route has been the longest we've driven since the bikes were bought. I am so happy and fulfilled. Of course, I have Rommel to thank for that. We had to rush back home because he still has to work afterwards. 

Tired smile. love.love.love. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear about what you think! :)