Saturday, January 04, 2014

To New Beginnings

This late night rumination is brought to you by this empty cup waiting to be filled with stories of hope.
I just realized this is the last weekend before school starts again and I haven't done anything productive. Well, what's new? I'm the queen of procrastination.
A classmate in one of my MA class asked me if we were to start with the reports on the first day of class. As usual I was surprised because I could not recall having that assignment. And on top of that, I could not find my notes on that last day of class so I don't know what my report is.
When I was young, I used to join every school organization there is because my parents only allow me to go out if it's a school thing. To me, it was just a way to be with my friends. Looking back, I realized how I always put myself in a position where I have to be responsible. I have never handled a major role in the orgs I take part in but I almost always have three to four of them at the same time. Like while I was part of the school paper, I was also a girl scout plus the real academic stuff. I'm overly spontaneous and I've always liked the idea of juggling roles.
It almost feels like I keep challenging myself but I fail every single time. The problem is, I cannot pinpoint where I belong. I even have different barkadas. Like I'm friends with one group who doesn't seem to like the other. I'm always caught in the middle when I just wanna be friends with everybody.
I don't usually make resolutions but this year I think it's mandatory because I'm already drowning in limbo.
Since I graduated from college I've been in entirely different fields of work. Still, I cannot seem to grasp what to do with my life.
Be it as it may, I am perpetually lucky to have several options and chances to do things right. So, I've listed some things I need to work on this year and hopefully accomplish:

1. Focusing on one task before committing to another one.
2. Reconnect with old cliques
3. To be braver in writing and set aside what other people think
4. Keep a healthy lifestyle like running and biking as regularly as possible.
5. Keep my room clean for the next 300+ days of the year
6. Save money and stop resorting to shopping therapy. Clearly I'm not rich so this is so out of the line.
7. Sticking to a regular routine. Stop procrastinating.
8. Drink more water everyday. Saves a lot of time and money when you get sick less.
9. Read the books piled up on my bedside table. Seriously, they're not for display purposes.
10. Balance time more efficiently. Again, stop procrastining.
11. Complain less and be more understanding. Love begets love.

This serves as my contract. Hopefully, I can update this blog for the progress I'm making. 


2 comments :

  1. stumpled upon your blog through reddit. even though im half way across the world and a male its amazing how this resonates with me so much. you've highlighted some great points that i currently struggling with in my life and things i certainly would like to improve. nice to know im not alone but time to act on them. i wish you success in your endeavors and keep up the good work. it was a nice read. take care of yourself.

    -M

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi M! I really appreciate your comment. sometimes just knowing you're not alone in the struggle makes you feel lighter. so far, i think i'm making some progress. hope you're doing fine as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear about what you think! :)