Monday, January 27, 2014

Bona's Chaolong Forever

It's sweater weather and it's making me miss home even more! It's also a senti kind of weather but here I am with this craving. 

Growing up in Palawan, my father used to feed me chao long for lunch when he doesn't have time to cook. So when I hear a friend who's going home to Palawan, I would always request to bring me french bread or chao long. But I usually just get the french bread one. When we were in college, I don't even know what its vietnamese name is so imagine my frustration because I don't know where to begin looking for it. I've always known it as "chao long". Till now actually, I haven't tried the authentic pho. But I found one restaurant already I have yet to try which is just outside of Eastwood City near Motoworld.
Sprouts 
Pho 
Banh mi 

In my last christmas vacation, me and my friends frequented Bona's Chao long where Palaweňos claim as the best chao long-an. Caution dear friends, Bona's is not for fine dining. Hashtag MnMs. (Masarap na M***** pa!). We even waited a long time to get our own table and almost an hour to get the food. Good thing, we haven't seen each other in a really long time so we never ran out of stories to tell each other. It was definitely worth the wait! I easily got full from just its soup. In all fairness, the beef was really tender. Oh my gosh! I can hear my stomach growling from just the thought of it. Writing this is suddenly making me feel like I'm torturing myself. I miss Palawan so much. 

I'll probably try that place near Eastwood sometime.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear about what you think! :)